Old 12-11-2012, 12:26 PM
jaba

Exactly what I do also Brenda and cannyquilter. I have to confess, I think I am a fabric-holic and never buy less than a yard. If I use a FQ then I'll cut off another one and when it fits someone, I'll add it to the box. I do watch those $1 sales now too. Just have fun with it, everyone likes to receive something that they don't have and that someone has gotten for them.
Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Belfry~some of us that have been doing this swap for quite a while post this for newcomers every so often....a lot of us pull from our "stash" and collect things throughout the year to use for swaps...we get them as we see them on sale...some people also "regift" items that they have received from previous swaps but won't use or don't need; there is a dollar isle at Michaels that has lots of goodies for swap boxes such as pens, tablets, buttons, notecards, all kinds of stuff; some have said that Big Lots and Tuesday Morning have the same kind of bins/isles..if I make something from my stash or give fabric from my stash, I don't include it in the ten dollars either...If I pass on a book or pattern or quilting magazine that I'm finished with then I don't count that either...Walmart and Joannes puts patterns on sale for 99 cents throughout the year...a lot of people also get the fabric once it's been reduced, etc. I know some people pick up things at yard sales or second hand stores to use in the swaps for different things that people like to collect (old buttons, old books, candles, etc.)...and some people may be going over a little this month since it's Christmas time...but just have fun and don't stress...everyone just loves getting goodies in the mail