View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:19 PM
tate_elliott

Have you ever heard of the 7-Up biscuit? The recipe is all over the internet. Here is the basic version. By the way, they're delicious and they don't taste like Bisquick.

Easy 7-Up Biscuits
Ingredients:

2 Cups Bisquick
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup 7-UP
1/4 cup melted butter

Directions:
Cut Sour Cream into biscuit mix then add 7-up. It makes a very soft dough. Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. - Don't knead the dough - just pat it out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan. Cut 9 biscuits into circles. Place cut biscuits in pan and bake at 450 degrees for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Keep on eye on them the last minutes of cooking.

There are several variations on this recipe, here's mine. Since the batter for this is very soft, I don't fuss with patting the batter out or cutting the biscuits. I just pour the whole batter into the baking dish. Plus I melt a little extra butter and pour half in the bottom of the dish and the rest over the top of the biscuit.

You don't have to use 7-Up, you can use Sprite or ginger ale. And you don't have to use sour cream, some people use yogurt. Like I said, you can search for some of the variations.

But please try this. As Mr. Monk the detective says, "You'll thank me later."

Tate in Cary