Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

PC BBlocks ... looks like a lot of busy Ladies here! Congratulations to MiraB for being first finished. Looks like many of you are close behind too. While I haven't been sewing, I have been "thinking" and have my block picked and planned. Now, so long as when I get to the stitching, I don't change my mind!!! And that will be at the top of the list post-Christmas!!

Fabric ... not that I needed more, but when I was away, I did get four pieces that coordinated. Now here's the funny part ... the one, I almost did not take as I thought it might be "cheap", as in thin and cheeseclothy when washed. I took it as it worked so well with the rest, and even if I did not use it there, I knew it'd be a mixer in many other ways too. Another I was thrilled with, and had such a nice hand to it. I have them all washed and guess what? Yup, the cheap one has come up nice and tight and seems thicker and more solid. The one that felt so nice, seems to have washed away. It's still a good fabric, just finer and not the weight and feel it had. Goes to show, you really can't always predict!

GFG Progress ... It's worked great as a take-with project and has progressed well. I've been stitching together as I go. It's not going to be a big one, as this was my test run to see if I like it. And yes, I'm getting hooked. I already plans for my next. I'll try to get a pic in the next few days.

Weather ... we had the milder shirt sleeve weather for a bit too. Now, chillier again, but still mild for December. Today was -3C and then by Friday to be back again to +6C. Looking ahead, it appears it'll be around freezing on Christmas Day, complete with some snow! Haven't had any, to any account yet.
Now to do some catching up ... post #'s noted, where it might help, being that I am going back in history some!!

What do you call the meals? ... For me, raised on the farm, it was always Breakfast, Dinner and Supper ... three square meals! And big ones at that!! Now I probably more so say B, L and S though, that can vary depending on where my mind is at the time!!!

Alas!! ... Now for the great catch up!!! ... post #'s are noted, in some case, being that it's so long into history, due to my late replies!

JanRN
... #181 ... We'll be posting and quilting together til we are old and gray together. So that should be forever, right, being that you and I are not getting old ... or gray! Did you get your new EQ goodies? and your extra BB fabric?

MiraB ... Congratulations!!! on your BBs being finished, sent ... and now received!! Amazing how fast the mail can move at times! Hope you have been able to order the fabric you want for Jamestown ... and that it arrives just as fast, so you can finish it off.

CarrieM ... #187 .... Sorry for the demo disappointment. My thoughts are that everyone is overwhelmed with their To Do Lists and their brains won't absorb any more ideas. That being said, our LQS had a "Notion Commotion" demo last Saturday .... followed by a Pot Luck for anyone who wished to come. I probably would not have gone (see reason above) but didn't have to make the decision as had a funeral. I'm envious that you can sneak peaks of all the BBs as they arrive! As always you have finished up some beautiful pieces. I really do like your 4PP Shimmering Butterflies. How did you finish them?

DublB ... how's your GFG blooming?

Anael ... #197 ... I hope Miss Purrrrrfect Sunbonnet Kitty is feeling better. And that she has lots of snuggles and love for you right now. BTW your chair matches my living room chairs ... same colour/fabrtic and similar style!

Honchey ... Hope your DE trip was a good break for you and just what you and MrHonchey needed. Will you see your DSis again for Christmas? Good for you for NC plans post-Christmas!

OKSGlad ... WOW! Looks like Em is turning into quite the quilter. It's so good that you're letting her do so much of the sewing and decisions re the fabrics and pattern. It'll be a busy Christmas holidays with her new love of sewing. Better lock down your stash!!!!

QNSue ... #211 ... Thanks for missing me though no electronic leashes for me when I'm on the roam. I kind of like that freedom (from clients and family) but do dreadfully miss being in touch with my friends!
... #223 ... Oh my, I see there are now Billy Goat Coolies, joining the Buffalo Chip Cookies. And that Chocolate Cowboy ... mmmm!!!!! All look delectable and I could almost smell all those different ones. Hopefully DH doesn't need too much entertaining now, and will let you cook ... and sew! Of course, it's good Bonding Time for the two of you!! This morning I went thru my recipes and pulled some to make for Christmas entertaining and gifts.

GGal ... #236 ... You've been a busy lady too! Nice to see all those UFOs finished. I have house blocks too, that have been sitting abandoned for some time. I think they got into that "I don't like them anymore" category that you asked about. Could be that I got them too scrappy? I had them on my design wall for a long time and just couldn't figure out what to do with them and finally packed them away. A New Year UFO project to re-activate for me!

JeanieG ... oh you know we'll love your BBs! I have a couple of small boards like that ... and used them while doing my FWS/PC blocks or whenever I'd doing traditional piecced blocks. Handy, aren;t they?

Good Night, Ladies ... me thinks it's about time for me to bid adieu ... and get some shut-eye!

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-11-2012 at 08:48 PM.