View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Thanks:> I do a lot of work on my vintage machines. But any applique or specialty work is usually done on my new machines. The ability to customize length, width and get the stitches exactly how I want is sometimes needed for different projects.
Candace,
This can be done with numerous vintage machine that do decorative stitching, adjusting length and width of stitches. I'm able to do this with my Necchi Supernova as well as some of my vintage Singers. My favorite Singer for decorative stitching right now is the Singer 224 in treadle that uses flat cams.

So, I'm curious as to what you mean by customizing on the newer models vs the older. My daughter owns a Janome Threadbanger that I had used a couple of years back, pre-vintage sewing machine years. I used that machine for decorative stitching. The Necchi and Singers have similar capabilities as the Janome. So because I have knowledge of this machine, I don't follow what you are trying to state.

Is it like owning Bernina BSR for FMQ vs just FMQ on any machine? This is only analogy I can think of. Thanks!

Last edited by vintagemotif; 12-12-2012 at 07:58 AM.