View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 AM
romanojg

I told my daughter the same thing that I used to tell my ex; fix my house for me. I can buy (as long as I have the money) what I want but I can't do the repairs needed around my house. Mostly due to my ex's half way of fixing things. My daughters boy friend just painted my living room the way I wanted and fixed my cieling fan and my outlets and is trying to do what ever he can to make me happy. I told him I couldn't aske for more and that he'll never know how happy he has made me. He says its nothing, I told him its the best gift he could give. I could never get this thru my ex's head. Gifts are whatever makes someone happy and they don't have to be bought from a store. The best gifts are definitely when you do something that needs to be done for someone who can't do it or afford to pay someone to do it themselves. My two youngest kids (early 20's) know me so well they don't even ask. Which I love as well. It's so nice right now when I go home and can look at my living room and just smile at what this young man has done for me. He has severe asthma so it's been hard on him doing this work and it takes longer than normaly but he does what he can when he can.