View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:42 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default What are you asking for for Christmas?

I don't know what to ask for for Christmas. I am thinking about an Ipad 3. But then I think I will be online too much. I found The Quilting Board and now I spend too much time here and not enough sewing. And it's not even the board that I spend my time. I will read about some nifty gadget or see some pattern or fabric and off I go in search of it on Google and there goes my times!

Sounds like I'm addicted to the computer! My sewing machine was down (I thought) for about 3 weeks and I spent all my free time on the computer; sometimes I would spend 6 hours at a time on my desktop. Doesn't that shout "don't get an Ipad 3?"

Okay, what do I get for Christmas? I don't need any fabric or patterns or books or magazines. No clothes or shoes or purses. The LQS around here aren't buying new fabric and aren't having any classes, so that's out. My husband needs an idea for me. He'll end up getting me a Visa card and that's okay, but I made him a King quilt and bought him some very nice shoes plus other items. I don't want him to be empty handed when it comes to me. But I have all the quilting things I need. Help!!

Maybe an Ipad 3 I could watch Netflix on and YouTube videos in my sewing room and have patterns up of quilts I'm making instead of using copy paper and all that ink to print instructions for the patterns. That was the main reason I wanted it. And so I could Facetime my husband because he works for the railroad and is always out of town at a motel and we could see each other and talk. That would be so nice!! I don't have the set up on my computer.