View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM
jimsjunque

I like to purchase the Farmland link sausages like Polska Kielbasa and smoked sausages.These work so well in casseroles ,ect...Was at Wally World and noticed the price a few years back; $2.50. That used to be the price I would look for if I needed to stock a few for the freezer.Grabed a couple packages and noticed the ounces weren't 16 like before. Asked the meat man, his comment was the customer didn't want to pay the price, with the new packaging so they decided to drop the price.$2.50 for 12-14 ounces.I asked if he thought the customer wouldn't notice the smaller package ? I remember that he had no answer. I think that Eckland might still have a 16 ounce package.Kraft Miracle Whip has also taken on the smaller container; 30 ounces, instead of 32. The price has sky rocketed, almost $5. 00 in some stores.I do think it's about time to try out some of those copycat recipes;and older cookbooks where you don't start out using some prepackaged box.Make your own mixes need to be used again.