View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default Ordered acrylic sewing table

In November my main sewing machine quit working and I couldn't get to the dealer's because of snowy mountain passes. So, I pulled out my old Viking Huskavarna. I couldn't find the acrylic table for it anywhere. I can't sew without it. Too hard for me. So I went to www.allbrands.com and ordered a new one. I thought (my mistake) that it was coming within the week. Wrong. I called them finally on Saturday and they called me Monday and said it wouldn't be here until January 2nd. Oh no!! So, yesterday I braved the mountain pass and went to the dealer's and he plugged in my machine and as usual, it worked fine (ughhh)! But he taught me a few things also, and I bought some fabric and ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant, so it was okay.

About 30 minutes ago I put my Viking away and put my good machine up and plugged it in. The doorbell rang. I went to the door. Lo and behold - my acrylic table was sitting on my front porch!! So it came three weeks early! What a nice surprise!! But, I already put my machine away and I don't want to dig it out and check and see if it fits. It's stuck underneath a lot of other things.

I just wanted to let you know that things don't happen when you expect them to - even when you are told when to expect them. And if something is wrong with your machine, be sure to tell the dealer, before he plugs it in, that it will probably work fine for him even though you can't get it to work. Even though it says it needs to be taken in to be fixed! They have the Midas touch, every time! My husband said this is the third time we have taken my machine in and he's turned it on and it's run perfectly. (The girl who works there says it happens all the time to everyone)

So, now I can finally start sewing my Big Block Star Quilt by Jenny Doan. The blocks are 25" big. I am making 2 king size quilts using 4 layer cakes - same fabric as Jenny used. Very happy camper now. Except paid $1,700 for 4 snow tires and rims for snow season. Were the only ones that fit my rig! Merry Christmas to me!!

Last edited by jcrow; 12-12-2012 at 11:35 AM.