Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MiraB ... thanks for the Welcome Back, and it is good to be back! About fabric pricing, we pay mostly $16/metre here, plus of course, there's always on-sale stuff. I haven't got into online buying as I am still old fashioned and I like to touchy-feely and know what I am really getting!

GGal ... Thanks too ... I'll try to remember to get the picture done tonight and post. Remind me!

DublB .. OMG, I can't imagine doing all the hand stitching with gloves and thimble! I've never gotten used to a thimble, so go without. What I'm finding is that my hands are cramping from holding the fabric with the left and the needle with the right. I seem to remember you mentioning your carpal tunnel acting up, so I'm guessing it is GFG induced. You'll always remember those GFGs being made with your DMIL. Did she sew/quilt?

JanRN ... so if you and DH are doing your shopping tomorrow, does that mean shopping for YOU? maybe a FART? or toys to go along with your Sweet 16? I'm sure it's hard for you to be seeing the For Sale sign on your Mom's home. After all, a big part of your life is within those walls. Maybe you should keep it for your own sewing house? Remember? I said we were going to be here forever, as we were not going gray!

QNSue ... ha! D or D for your H!!! how has the day progressed and did he get upgraded? My husband went by his 2nd name, and his first was David. On our business cards, farm signs or anything semi-formal, we used the initial D. with his full 2nd name. When asked what his D. was for, I'd often reply Damned .... and usually that shut the inquiring minds up! Now what were you doing buying chickens? Me-thought you had grown your own .... and had a freezer already full? Good to take a deal when you can and stash some away in the freezer ready. Recipes ... always can do with more! I make cookies regularly for a friend. They'd be happy with always the same, though I get bored, so surprise them with new ones regularly! Lately I've been on a roll with my Farm Daughter's Cookies. So please do email the recipes along! I'll be happy to have them!!! Do hope "D"H left you alone today ... and you were able to have some peace and quiet in your sewing room!

Anael ... Thanks for the update on your DDIL. I hope that things settle now and she can find a peace within as she continues with the pregnancy. I'm sure it is hard on all of you, but I can only imagine the Mother's perspective must be even harder to accept and deal with it all. And that she can get home tomorrow, for some TLC from all.

So sorry about Miss Purrfect ... I hope the vet has some good insights and suggestions soon. NIce that you have the light box to help her keep warm. Better cuddle her in with a nice quilt too!

Nice hand me down on that chair! I have three that I had covered in the fabric ... one is a black walnut that I got for $10 at a garage sale when a friend from Indiana (take note GGal) was visiting. She loved Garage Sales, and was so proud of our score, so I often think of it as Helen's chair! The other two, one is a platform rocker and the other the matching chair. A pair that we bought in pretty rough shape soon after we were married, then had re-upholstered by a neighbour guy. I still love them all!

??Cookie Exchange?? ... Maybe we should do a virtual cookie exchange? and post our favourite Christmas baking recipes that we'd make to take to a cookie exchange.

??Pot Luck?? ... Likewise ... how about a Pot Luck Dinner in the New Year to beat the winter blues away?

And now Ladies ... I'm off to make myself my afternoon tea!
Yes, I am another one that seems to have tea in hand all the time .... today I think it will be Amaretto? or perhaps Alpine Punch?

Til Later!