View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
WOW you started it? I pulled fabric. That wore me out so I am taking a break. uh like a one more week break as I have to finish a quilt I started. Mystery train, finished the back piecing today as I had not enough fabric to do the whole thing and now to pin it and machine quilt it. I have a brother csi6000 so its not a big machine. One row at a time. and smoooshing it into that small window is no easy task. I think gee I ironed this thing together before I got to the quilting only to smooooooooosh it into 1/10 the size it was ..was there thinking involved here? no choice. I dream of your long arm quilt machines. ok I only sorta do. I fantasize about sitting in a chair with a cup of hot tea watching you use that long arm machine on my quilt. I love making tops. I hate quilting. (horrid thing to admit)
The designing is my first love and I get through the piecing to see the end result. But I don't much care for the quilting part! I can't do anything but STID so far. I did try a little bit of wide easy fmq on a couple of totes I did for my dgs. I have a lot to learn before I can say I can fmq LOL