View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Elisabrat

I finished slow but finished the back today for this quilt. I had opted to piece what I had left into something to make a back for this. I however had odd sizes left so it was a strip 4 inches, a 29 x 42 and a 4 inch and then another piece and a 4 inch then the bottom half even scrapper but kept with long length and 4 inch wide and then wider then 4 inch hodge podge of use it ups.. and it works looks very good for scrappers and well I was happy sorta I didnt go out and spend another 25 for backing. I was working with what I had to begin with. I am also not fond of all the pinkys in this so buying MORE and leaving me with some leftover well how good an idea would that have been? I did weight in tonight gee hours making this work vs one big old piece cut and tada your done.. there are advantages. I still think.. the price was right for this time of year. NO extra expenses. I am going to use the 45 degree angle pieces for the binding. and its going to work perfectly crossing fingers. I am a bit apprehensive about stuffing that size quilt into my sewing machine for quilting. lots of tight rolling. and patience. oodles of that too. ok off to cook dinner and maybe pin a quilt!