Old 12-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Nanamoms

Oh, I remember my dad going to the local fruit stand to hand pick the oranges, apples, satsumas and walnuts for our stockings. Then maybe a box of sparklers to light that night. We used knee socks, too. We might get a lip gloss, toothbrush, hair clips and things like that. I don't know how my Mom and Dad did it because we did not grow up rich. But I can't ever remember a Christmas when we didn't get what was on our "Santa List"!!

I now have handmade stockings for my grandchildren. I still have their dads' stockings and it's a running joke each year that now that THEY have kids, just the kids get filled stockings!!!! I just had to cut back a little with 6 grands!! But I do have their stockings stored with the rest. Wherever we hold Christmas, the kids get their stockings first. They dumped them out and sort what they got and the stockings are ready to come back home with me. Many a piece of chocolate, especially Hershey's Kisse, got eaten before breakfast...not that the kids need any more to excite them! LOL

My sons now have started traditions with their own families. Sometimes, it's just bundling up and driving around to see all the Christmas lights until the kids wind down and they can get them in bed. Then the real fun begins, especially when there are things to be put together!