Old 12-13-2012, 06:48 AM
blueheavenfla

I'd say that Santa filled your (sewing machine) stocking really well. Congratulations on the wonderful finds. Have fun getting them all in tip top shape. We are waiting for pix when you get them all together.
Donna
Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
I am having a banner week for sewing machines. My husband picked me up, at a random flea market stop, a Singer 500A (cordless, but already ordered cord) for $25 and a badly scuffed up Redeye for $15; both got a shot of oil, and when hand turned, they both make nice stitches. Then on a online ad, I found a $30 201 with accessories, book, and zz attachment, that my daughter picked up for me today. I have not seen it, but she says it is pretty. And on a cold call at a junk store, I got a nearly mint 237, for $10, that was ready to sew after I wiped the little bit of grime off. It will be a good machine to loan to close relatives who get a notion to sew something. I had been on a machine diet, but fell (jumped) off the wagon this week. The 201 has been on my wish list for a long time. Happy dance here today.