Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 AM
salemrabbits

Default help with ending corners on a quilt on point

I have been a member of the board for some time, but never have started a thread, so here goes:

I decided to go out of my comfort zone and attempt a quilt top on point. I have been working on crumb blocks and decided since this was so different from my other scrappy quilts I would try putting blocks on point. I sashed them with black sashing and red cornerstones and now have the "rows" completely attached except the end triangles.

The crumb block is 7 and 1/2 inches without sashing. Reading or searching for info on measuring these angles I come up with making a square of 11 and 7/8" to cut into four triangles and a block of 3 and 5/8 to cut into 2 pieces for the cornerstone angle.

You pros out there, is there an easy way to know this might be close on how to finish this top? I thought I might try these in waste fabric to see if they "fit" because I don't have extra to waste if my -measurements are wrong.

Bonnie Hunter would be proud, and I hope when it's finished I can post a photo--it certainly is a beauty. Those cute little crumbs total more than 100 pieces in ONE block for most of the blocks and the amount of time is unmeasured in playing. I have totally LOVED every moment of seeing this grow and am excited seeing all this waste become such a thing of beauty.....it's a keeper.

I have named it "My Transformation" because I was a teacher who lost her position to budget cuts this past June after 20 plus years, and needed a way to "heal" and start a new beginning. Colorful and fabrics of my life to remind me of some pretty wonderful things.

Best part of course is my new beginning in 2013 with a new job, but sadly not in the education field....yet one that I will have a great time and be able to use my abilities in. I was a Business Teacher, I am now going to be an Office Manager and in charge of a CPA firm office.........yipee! ( the owner CPA is one of my former students, now is hiring me...try a role reversal, must be I did my job as her teacher!)