View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Geri B

I always treat borders differently......I like a quilt to look like a quilt not a mattress cover.......Just how I do things. Anyway....I will do whatever to the top border......sid on seam that separates border from body of quilt.....then on the panto, since I have a clear plastic flap under which I place the panto, I use either blue painters tape to mark beginning and end or if I have to sort of fudge the design to blend better I will use a wipe marker in blue....not permanent type, I use the the kind that needs a damp cloth to remove....so that's what I do...then when it comes to bottom border, again sid in seam....and sew in border, if it is the type that has a top and bottom, I will flip it...oh, as I go along doing the mid section, I will sid the side seams and machine baste the side edges as I go.....then, I remove the sandwich......straighten out the side edges.......leaving about 1" of batt/back extending...for pinning to top/bottom rollers..attach to rollers and do those borders........I prefer doing it that way...others have other ways, but we all find what works best for us and this has been my way for over 10 yrs......