Old 12-13-2012, 08:49 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default Bought my niece a Brother LS2350 because MIL said to.

My niece who is 26 wants to learn to sew. I asked my MIL and SIL if they wanted to go in with me on a $139 Brother for their granddaughter and daughter and buy her this machine for Christmas? They didn't want to spend the money. I said they only had to pay $33 each and I would pay the difference. They said okay. Next thing I knew my very demanding MIL went to Walmart and found this Brother LS2350 for $49.97 and told me to buy it for my niece myself. My husband told me I should. So I did.

I feel bad. Is this a horrible machine? She has never sewn before and I didn't want to get her a terrible machine to begin with but I was kind of cornered into this. Now my MIL and SIL say they are going to buy my niece everything to go with sewing.

I feel cheap. I bought the 2 year insurance on it. I don't know why. I've never heard of buying a Brother for so cheap. The gal at Walmart said it was a steal. I don't know if I believe her or not. What do you think? Did I do the wrong thing? My MIL is very cheap when it comes to buying things. If she can save a penny, she will. I'm not like that.