View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 PM
tellabella

I did forget to mention that in addition to weekly classes, that dealer includes leaders and a few spools of thread so you can start quilting on a practice quilt while they are in the home. The other dealer charges separately for the leader cloths. Also, with the classes, they provide a quilt sandwich each week, which you will then take home and do "homework" on your own machine and bring back the following week so they can be sure you're mastering the skills. The classes are individual so you are the sole focus and last roughly 2 hours depending on individual need.[/QUOTE]

Here is just my opinion...$1500 is a LOT of money to me...I bought a new Longarm this year...dealer is out 2 hours away...I had one full day class that was included ...I did the class after a bit of my own practice...I had done a couple of pantos and 1 quilt for myself...then I brought my questions to my lesson..she was wonderful...I bypassed the dealer that was 30 minutes from my home...
besides this, I have learned TONS from YOU TUBE ....and yahoo groups and blogs, etc..there is so much info out there...and if you have already rented out you should be fine..if you need lessons, you can take them too...using your $1500 savings...and spread the lessons out so you can practice practice practice and for me weekly lessons would not offer me enough consolidation ...go slow and have fun...