View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Cool "Girls of Summer" star quilting done

I posted on Wednesday for help deciding on a motif to put in the stars of this quilt here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...f-t208277.html

The overwhelming majority was for sunbursts in the stars, including the quilts owner. I didn't piece this, in fact it was the work of several ladies done at a retreat in the summer time. Hence the quilt's name "Girls of Summer". The name also influenced the quilting motifs. The sunflowers immediately came to mind. As did the sunburst but I was afraid doing both might overwhelm the quilt. All you ladies who posted on my thread for sunbursts knew it wouldn't overpower. So here are the results, and boy were you guys right. I am really happy with how this turned out. I am hopeful I will get another opportunity to use these two motifs. They quilt up beautifully.

This is quilted on my Innova LA. Hand guided no computer. I drafted the designs myself with inspiration from the net and Karen McTavish inspired border. The sunflowers are quilted with glide thread top and bobbin. The sunburst and border swirl were done with Connecting threads essential cotton thread top and bobbin. Batting is Hobbs Polydown.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]382110[/ATTACH]
A closeup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]382112[/ATTACH]
And of course I have to post the back! So yummy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]382113[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc03762.jpg   dsc03759.jpg   dsc03751.jpg