View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 AM
busy fingers

Oh Rose Marie - snow how pretty. That is something that I never see here in Sydney. I would love to see a piccie please.

What did you end up with in your shopping cart Nanamoms?

Tartan you are very good to mend socks. Something that I must confess I have never done.

I hope that you finished all those jobs on your list Chasing Hawk. Sewing always seems to take back seat.

I hope that you finished the quilting and safe travels QuiltnNan.

Happy sewing Jingle and Annthreecats - I never feel motivated to sew of a night after work. I think because I stare at a computer screen day my eyes do not seem to want to adjust to finer work. I often knit squares for Wrap with Love while I watch TV.

It is now 6.30 am on Saturday morning and we are having our family Christmas day tomorrow. Our DIL's parents live 5 hours drive from Sydney and so my son and DIL are heading out there for Christmas day this year. Every second year we bring our family day forward. Today I am going to cook the turkey - that only leaves the vegies to be tackled tomorrow morning. Not my favourite job peeling all those potatoes and pumpkin.

Our family still has a traditional hot Christmas lunch - turkey , baked vegies, peas, gravy and cranberry sauce followed by Christmas pudding and custard. Even though the weather is quite hot there is nothing left on the plates.

Better get myself into gear and wrap those last minute gifts - I still have the binding to do on one tabletopper before I can wrap it.

Have a good day and enjoy whatever you do.