View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 AM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

How much time and effort did you put in to that beautiful top? I'm going to vote no. The "look" of the quilt is less important than the requirements of your batting. You said " I think I used the batting that is 2 to 4 inches to quilt." the batting package would say 2 or 4 not 2 to 4. If you don't have the package the batting came in, and/or don't know what you used (so you can look it up), you really want to err on the side of more quilting than less. If you don't have enough quilting for that type of batting it will shift. You don't even have to wash it for your quilt to be ruined. Just using it will cause the batting to bunch up. So if you really think the batting you used said 2", then your quilting should be no more than 2" apart in BOTH directions. You will need to do some cross hatching or meandering or something.
BTW, it would be kind of unusual for you to be using a type of batt that would require quilting that close. I would really look around and see if you can find the packaging or the reciept to tell you what kind you used.