Old 12-14-2012, 12:13 PM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
I had read where folks just loved them (quiet and strong), and I thought I needed one. And there are not many that I want and don't have. I didn't actually mean to collect sewing machines, it just sort of happened, and it has really gotten crazy. With the four this week, I have almost 60, and am running out of room, but that is why I don't mind the no cabinet thing most of the time. The only one left on my wish list (for now anyway) is a red sewing machine. Not seen many, but some with red highlights, but I am sure I will find one eventually. It is a blessing/curse that people know I collect them, because most folks think I want every machine, or at least the one they want to get rid of, anyway. I don't have the heart to tell them it isn't worth much, but I usually smile and say thank you, and sew them a little project with it. For example, there was a run on Kenmores a little while back, and I got 3 in a week for under $10 for all. Actually paid for one, was gifted the other two. All the machines sew, just the people who had them didn't. A lot of the machines here, and I, are waiting for someone to come along and want to sew, and I will match the machines with the people.
Oh my Melinda, Sixty? I hope your house is structurally sound for all of that weight. I'm glad to hear that you are matching machines to people. I only have 13 machines right now, so I don't feel so bad. How about some pictures?
~G~