Thread: new iPad owner
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Bevsie

Hi,

I have an iPad and I have an iPhone. The difference is that on an iPhone you pay for a data plan monthly which enables you to connect to the internet outside of your home or wi-fi connection. You can buy wi-fi iPads that require a data plan, mine does not and it sounds like yours doesn't. I puposely bought the one that doesn't as I have wi-fi and data plans are not cheap. But, you are right, without wi-fi you can't surf the web, but you can view your photos, play games, and read on it without.
Routers are not expensive and if that's the fix, go for it! You will love your iPad the more you use it.
My son has wi-fi at his house, I entered his password into my iPad and now when I visit him my iPad automatically connects to his internet. Same with my LQS and a few restaurants that I have previously connected it to.
There are things I don't use my iPad for, like my macine embroidery, but for surfing, checking email, games, etc., it's the quickest darn thing! Love it!
There are some videos out there on useage and you can read the manual online (I hate not having a book too!) and believe me, you won't be sorry!
PM me if you have any questions and if I can help I will!

Bev