View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Elisabrat

update on my quilt it day. I put it on the floor in the spare room, tried pinning from a stand no good wormed myself down to the ground. Pinned. everything seemed ok. I cant get up from floor on my own. Called the Dh to come pick me up please (via phone he works in the park where we live) and so while waiting I trim the excess backing off except for 2 inches on all sides. great! he picks me up (he calls it towing service want a lift? disability means if I am on the floor I stay on the floor) ok.. sew the first seam! yeah its great. Sew second flip the quilt shooot its bunched a bit. Take out the entire seam. repin. Sew it worked. sew another seam it works. then flip totally the quilt for a full view of it. OMG. I did not have the back pinned on straight prior to trimming the sides off. I now have an off kilter back with stripes going at a 20 degree angle. But not a pretty way at all. I wanted to cry. I walked away. I had to its still on the table.I had pieced the back because I did not have wide backing nor enough fabric to make it without piecing. so its a Christmas gift. has to leave here Monday am with DH. So.. do I tear it all out and invent a new back? do I sew it together and just say oh well yeah sure I meant it to look that bad.. ugh I dunno what to do. trade you for yours thats the ticket I wll take that pretty one just posted. can you get it here by Sunday?