Old 12-15-2012, 01:05 AM
miriam
Power Poster

We might hold some sort of record of 40 in our van. First we put in machines with cases. Then we put in heads wrapped in old t-shirts, Then we put down plywood and more heads, then plywood and put cabinets on top - legs were removed when ever possible. I am trying real hard to get rid of those machines. We are finding some faults in some of the cabinets as we rematch them with machines. Some have really bad finish & some have broken wood where the hinges are suppose to go - then one cabinet was full of a machine and the leg broke off... I'm starting to wonder if we will end up making doggie beds out of a couple of them. BTW we figured we had parts machines at the get go... I think so far I have only parted or junked a couple. Joe rescued one I didn't want to mess with. I haven't messed with the godzilla machines or the Free Westinghouse machines yet and I haven't messed with my treadles. Oh and Glenn has a little long bobbin machine we found in the hoard - he loved it back to life.

Thank you for helping me date those two machines. They might be older than I thought but they are wonderful machines. That pink one has a really nice big motor on it. If it wasn't a lefty I would like it a whole bunch better.