Thread: new iPad owner
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Shame on the person who sold the ipad without asking you some very important questions about your needs and set up at home.
Sandy
No one sold it to me....Walmart has a "special" on Thanksgiving night-a gift card of $75 along w/iPad and I broke my own cardinal rule of being one of "those" shoppers and therefore no one to blame but myself...Not knowing what the heck I was doing...thought it was sort of like a radio, just turn it on and viola......learning a hard lesson.

Now I know I will update my cable provider's router-or whatever they call it...look into phone plan, take it to an apple store and see what else I can find out.....for example, I did not know, some have "built-in" wi-fi capability and some don't??????

I did not buy this thing to sit around playing games/looking at pics...I wanted it as a portable type laptop and utilize some of the tutes available on quilting, info when traveling, or just as a sort of memo/minder....guess I was not thinking right. But I do now know, never again get suckered into Black Friday shopping...or as it is now Thanksgiving nite, just stay home and do something constructive.......
I sincerely thank all the info that you all have sent here, and I will hopefully be able to use it and get myself thinking correctly about this "thing".........