Old 12-15-2012, 07:18 AM
nadie95

FINALLY I get to reply to this LOL! I was SO tickled to find this as the same has happened to me! I was leaving my local thrift store (supporting Hospice) and there sat a very heavy, boxed in sewing machine on the sidewalk. It had JUST been left off, it wasn't there when I'd walked in. They were closing, and bringing the carts in for the night. I wasn't going to bother asking the price, their policy is no selling unless they've processed it first. But I wasn't sure if it'd just been left or was set out for sale... I asked the lady bringing the carts in and she said it'd just been left. As I turned to leave she asked if I was interested, I had looked inside the box and got a very brief view of the very sexy design of the machine and just knew that what I had left after already shopping wouldn't be enough, so I said Yes, but all I have left is $4.50. She said Give me $3 and you can have it.

I nearly did a jig as I danced (lopsided as this thing was nearly 60 lbs within the wooden box!) to the car with it

I'm tickled to know that the ONLY thing wrong with this gorgeous, shiny machine is there's a thumb screw missing on the dial. EVERYTHING else is there, including the hardware, accessories, accessories MANUAL, the machine MANUAL lol even the lifetime guarantee paper!!

I share your excitement! I'd love to know from you all however, where could I find (or at least what keyword could I use to find) the appropriate attachment to do free motion quilting? The feed dogs (right?) don't drop on these older girls as far as I can tell. So I do believe I need a plate. My grandma was a quilter/sewer/creator-of-awesome-stuff and I have learned some in my years, but have never had the nerve to really make the attempt in a serious way. Then again I didn't have the SLEW of info there is available today lol or support from great people like you guys!

Just for fun, I have to say, the reason I was there that day at the thrift store was to buy a bunch of sticks that were bundled together and labeled as a quilting frame (said new lol) Turns out it wasn't exactly new, it just hadn't been used much. It was a vintage (sears later, but first was a LeeWards) all purpose quilting frame. Nothing fancy, but sturdy and great for a beginner like me. $5 in the store and $3 for missing bolts, now I have my frame too ^_^
[ATTACH=CONFIG]382323[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382324[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382326[/ATTACH]
I'll attempt to post photos, if you see em then it worked LOL thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails deluxe-30-precision-sewing.jpg   deluxe-precision-accessories.jpg   quilting-frame-deluxe-precision-sewing.jpg