View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 09:25 AM
mdall

Default 1st retreat, exciting and so confused

I know this should be a no brainer but I tend to want to make sure that all my ducks are in a row when traveling. I have my first retreat planned for the middle of January. I will be traveling a long distance from home with another quilting friend and want to make sure I have everything I absolutely may need. There is also limited space for all of our equipment needed for both of us. We have a huge space at the retreat for each of us to have plenty of space to spread out and work. Now the part that is confusing me. I have told DH that I would really like a carrying case for my machine and he said okay and for me to come up with a list for other items I may need and hell try to get them for Xmas. I have looked at these and found one. It is large enough to carry my machine, all the assecories, and a few other basic items. Due to the limited space in the vehicle traveling in I am looking for a way to pack up and take the rest of my items. These include fabric, cutting mat, other notions. I still have to pick out and purchase a travel iron and need some sort of ironing surface for traveling. My question, what and how do all of you use for traveling to classes retreats, etc. I have been looking for something like a tote to carry everything else. I have a pattern for a tote to carry cutting mat and notions. My concern with that is I dont think it is going to keep my cutting mat from bending or warping. So I looked at the Omnigrid ironing surface and cutting mat combo. I like but wonder if spending more money for that is worth it. Need suggestions please to get all of this stuff in a compact storage container of some kind while ensuring that it all stays safe and nothing gets broken. I know some of you are going to suggest just making a tote for it all but let me say that I suck at making totes of any kind.