View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:36 AM
LuvQuiltin

Cool What's on your Vintage Wishlist?

If anyone had told me a few years ago that I would covet vintage sewing machines.....well, I'd have most definitely told them they were crazy. But then on 24 Dec 2010 I finally managed to come out on the winning end of an auction on ebay and bought a 1952 featherweight. I'd heard so many folks through the years say how great they stitched so I decided to try one. I bid on FWs for 3 months until that winning night. I figured I got lucky as it was christmas eve and most folks would be celebrating with family. I have a spouse and fur kids and not much else.....so it proved to be the luck I needed to finally become an owner of a FW. Sadly, the person I bought my FW from must have been from some remote planet as his packaging job caused my FW to arrive severely damaged. He of course refused to even reimburse me for parts.....so you guessed it....back to ebay to buy parts, then of course another machine, then another.....well, I have a dozen 221s and one 222. What I've been hoping to find now are a singer treadle and a hand crank. My favorite decal is the Lotus. So, that's what's on my wish list. How bout telling me about what's on yours?