View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:52 AM
mdall

Here is what I know so far, two of the ladies are bringing their irons and boards. They always do this but say that there is still a need for more since there are 22 of us going and they always have people sitting waiting to get to use an ironing station. That is one thing I know I would like to have of my own since I am going to be doing piecing and like to do my piecing by chain method. I dont want to be spending alot of time waiting to get to my ironing and then using so much time making others wait while I press who knows how many pieces.
Second, I do know that they told me to bring my own cutting mat. I expected that and since I need that and want the convenience of having my iron station right next to me I think I should go with the Omnigrid combo or other alternative. I did remember that I do have another cutting mat that is smaller. Its not in the best shape as it is a off brand and didnt hold up well to a years worth of use before purchasing my large Omnigrid mat. I'm just not sure if I should make my own case for my mat and a travel ironing surface. Not sure if purchasing one compared to making one is the best choice. Other than my carrying case for my machine I dont have any other items to tote these things in. I kid noone I even have to borrow a suitcase to take my clothes in since I dont own on because I dont travel much. I guess I could just ask some of the other ladies if they have an extra suitcase for me to carry everything else in. If its a duffle bag I could just put everything else in it and stack that ontop of the carrying case since it has the trolley system attached. I guess Ill just have to take some time to think about it and actually try out a couple of different things to see what works best. Maybe a little mock retreat to try it out. LOL BTW, I do like those artbin things most of you have suggested been looking at them just not sure what size to get since I do my shopping online and cant actually see how large they are.