View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 PM
quiltingcandy

After my father passed away my mother refused to put up a tree - which was funny because they had a fake tree they bought because one year the weather was so bad and they were both sick and so after Christmas they bought the tree and it never came out of the box. But I had found this metal item that you put together and it held 24-36 ornaments. It was strong enough to hold the quilt balls and angels I had made for her. But she just wasn't interested. After she passed away we found the fake tree they bought, the metal structure I bought and all the ornaments. She even had 3 or 4 nativity scenes. She did compromise for a few years and came down to visit my sister and I.

The first year she spent Christmas at our house then New Years with my sister. Then she found out they don't watch football and so after that she started at my sister's home and then came to my house.

When she quit traveling I paid a local friend to buy her a little 24inch live tree that was decorated and set in the living room, then after the holidays the friend took it somewhere and planted it. So she got the smell of a tree and none of the work.

Maybe if I had come up with that idea as a Christmas tree she may have hung it up.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 12-15-2012 at 12:05 PM.