View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Here is what I know so far, two of the ladies are bringing their irons and boards. They always do this but say that there is still a need for more since there are 22 of us going and they always have people sitting waiting to get to use an ironing station. That is one thing I know I would like to have of my own since I am going to be doing piecing and like to do my piecing by chain method. I dont want to be spending alot of time waiting to get to my ironing and then using so much time making others wait while I press who knows how many pieces.
Second, I do know that they told me to bring my own cutting mat. I expected that and since I need that and want the convenience of having my iron station right next to me I think I should go with the Omnigrid combo or other alternative. I did remember that I do have another cutting mat that is smaller. Its not in the best shape as it is a off brand and didnt hold up well to a years worth of use before purchasing my large Omnigrid mat. I'm just not sure if I should make my own case for my mat and a travel ironing surface. Not sure if purchasing one compared to making one is the best choice. Other than my carrying case for my machine I dont have any other items to tote these things in. I kid noone I even have to borrow a suitcase to take my clothes in since I dont own on because I dont travel much. I guess I could just ask some of the other ladies if they have an extra suitcase for me to carry everything else in. If its a duffle bag I could just put everything else in it and stack that ontop of the carrying case since it has the trolley system attached. I guess Ill just have to take some time to think about it and actually try out a couple of different things to see what works best. Maybe a little mock retreat to try it out. LOL BTW, I do like those artbin things most of you have suggested been looking at them just not sure what size to get since I do my shopping online and cant actually see how large they are.
At our retreat there are 16 to 18 people. We have two irons and ironing boards and one large cutting table. When you're doing three straight days of sewing it really seriously doesn't hurt one bit to stand in line and wait to iron or cut once in a while.

I had to go search for the third cart I take. I got mine at Clotilde but they've been bought out by Annie's Attic and I couldn't find in on the website. I found them on Amazon though and they have an even bigger one now than the one I have. It holds a lot of stuff and it's compact.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keyw...3Asmart%20cart