View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Skittl1321

Originally Posted by peacebypiece View Post
I thought "we" beat this topic to death a couple of weeks ago. I made tater bags 4 years ago with the cotton quilt batting and fabric from Joanns. My son bajed a potatoe in his microwave in the bag, and the bag caught fire after he set it on the counter to rest. I wouldn't waste my time again, and resent a new discussion on the board about a a product that catches fire so easily.
Sorry to hear yours caught fire, hopefully you were nearby and it was easily remedied. Maybe your batting or fabric wasn't 100% cotton, or maybe it was used incorrectly. I adore my potato bag- we've used it for years (1 minute, rotate, 1 minute, rotate until cooked- never longer than that, and never unattended) and I won't go back to cooking potatoes in the oven if there are just 2 of us.

I don't mind if people ask the same question again- as long as it isn't on the same page as another one. That is annoying!

I think the product the OP got is similar to warm tater (though I just use 100% cotton)- but I'd be annoyed if I ordered one brand by name and got another.