View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Tropical

Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
I don't get into exchanges any more either...the biggest reason would be that at my age I need to start getting rid of stuff, I really don't need more Knicks knacks ect,
We don't exchange gifts anymore for various reasons. Yet we have cintinued to buy my DM ( the only parent we have left between us) a Christmas gift. For a couple of years now she has respectfully asked us not to buy her anything because she feels at age 89 she is ready to get rid of things and needs nothing more to worry about finding a place for in her home. We still kept buying something for her because it didn't seem right not to do it and it made us feel happy to do it. This year, I told my husband that I am going to do what she sincerely wants. She wants nothing for a gift. I am not giving her anything except a very nice card. It feels strange to me and I told her that. She again told me she wants and needs nothing more to have to find a place for in her home. With six children and more grand, great grand and great great grand children than she can count giving her gifts; she has no room left.