Old 12-16-2012, 06:39 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Littlebearquiltingboard View Post
Thank you Glenn for this tutorial.

I recently homed a 111 year old 28k who was quite dirty, I cleaned her up with sewing machine oil until she looked respectable again and then I waxed her - oh no! disaster! I used the same wax (Simoniz car wax) that I used on a 201k and 99k with good results on both, I even did a test patch on the 28k which looked good too, then I whacked on the wax all over and within minutes most of the machine looked like it was covered in a dark brown fine crackle glaze, I was gutted. I decided to give her up and popped her into the garage so that she was out of sight, then I re-read your tutorial and realised I had a chance to put right my mistake. I am delighted with the results and would never have believed I could have done it (well I couldn't have done it without your help) she looks lovely again. I've also cleaned up her case using your wood recipe and tutorial. Now I just have to keep my hands off her for a week while she cures.

Clare
Clare, we'd love to see some before and after pictures? It is so much fun to see one of these old machines come to life again!

Nancy