View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:54 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
This is one quilt. I love making quilts that have two different themes or motifs for the front and back. Part of the challenge for me in creating a quilt is how can I incorporate the front and back together with fabrics and quilting while keeping the two looking different. I don't do this always with my quilts, but sometimes when I'm working on piecing the front I play with ideas for the back in my head. This quilt, minus the solid red and whites, was made from leftover fabrics from other quilting and sewing projects. The back triangles were made from the leftovers of the leftovers front fabrics. I just used glue stick to hold the triangles down on the white fabric and then used a decorative stitch to attach them. I'm too lazy to play with fusing material.
Monica, I have made a couple quilts reversible, but usually by the time I finish the front I am so tired of the quilt that I just want to put a back on and get it quilted! I have a lot of respect for anyone who takes the time to piece the back of their quilt! So purrrrty! Both sides of your quilt are equally beautiful.

Nancy