View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Jratcliff

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
As I get read to push the "go" button, I give a little tug to see if there's resistance on my thread end. Sometimes! I have to go thru the ''lift'' procedure again---or twice more. It's something in a tension disk (or brain) that is not cooperating. May I suggest that you experiment cking if there's resistance on the thread after it's thru the needle? If it is easily pulled thru after you have the foot down--then that's your problem & that, my dear, calls for medical help! Fingers crossed--good luck.
Great suggestion! Just tried it and I have quite strong resistance on the thread end. Whew!
I started on a applique in the hoop project yesterday. All straight stitching, bean stitch. Everything was going just great until the final motif. There is no applique fabric added to this part, just stitching, and sun-of-a-gun, it happened again. Only this time I was sitting right in front of the machine and could hear the change. This one actually shut the machine off. Fortunately, I was using a magnetic hoop so re-hooping was not an issue and I could go back to the spot and finish.
Anyway, when I checked there were only about 10 wraps around the bottom and the assembly. Took it out and moved on. Then the tension seemed way out of wack so stopped again to check everything. There was a tiny piece of thread on a metal piece just to the left of the bobbin. It's a non-moving piece, but never the less it seemed to make the tension wonky.
Just finished the piece so now I can finish the project.
I will try doing a thorough cleaning of everything before starting another.