Thread: new iPad owner
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:54 AM
Melinda in Tulsa

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
see, now here is another thing I don't undertand....what is a tablet???????? and I guess I will go to the Walmart and ask about Straight Talk???? whatever that is too!!!! someone said they have all their tutes on it.....that is what I want to do, but since I cannot access net thru my wi-fi at home...how else but thru cell phone? Ok, we have Comcast.......and I have been told yes, my router needs to be replaced, as since all of these electronic things we are accumulating (all of us) the routers are getting confused, so there is a new one, BUT it is not available yet.....don't know when....something wrong w/that pic!! So here I sit with this dumb thing...someone said I could buy a wireless router but it is expensive, but my argument is why should I buy it, my cable provider should - that's what we are paying for.....oh, this is indeed a saga.........I am finally getting used to using my Kindle and now this........

It sounds like possibly you don't have your wifi turned on on your IPad. On the home page, press the settings icon, thenit will show you a list of options, choose Wifi and make sure it is turned on. You may have to enter your wifi password, if you have a locked wifi. I hope this helps. I just got my iPad on thurs. the more you play, the easier it gets! Once you get the hang of it, you will love it!