View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 AM
rush88888

Originally Posted by crafterrn1 View Post
I have to comment on designing your own quilt from this pattern. If you enter the quilt in a show local or big, you should give credit to the original designer. Saying this quilt is based on Stars around the garden by so and so. I love to morph quilts that I see. That being said I also design my own quilts for both personal and professional use. I would love to see my work morphed as that shows creativity. But I also know many will not give me credit. Common Domain blocks are easy to find and draw. The copyright is accomplished with my written directions. The inspiration for the quilt is mine. That may inspire you to make it and change it for yourself. Have fun and please remember the designer who inspired you! Luann in CT
copyright only says that you can't copy the pattern and sell it, but, i don't think that documentation is required for inspiration. that is why we BUY the rights to reproduce the quilt. if i had to document every time i got inspiration, there would always be an extra line on my label. again, copyright comes up. are there any copyright law attorneys on the board?

Last edited by rush88888; 12-16-2012 at 10:31 AM.