Thread: new iPad owner
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:08 AM
mermaid

GeriB...someone said I could buy a wireless router but it is expensive, but my argument is why should I buy it, my cable provider should...you keep referring to your cable..do they provide your internet service? If so, they should have set up your wireless router modem when they installed. As someone said, you may not have told your ipad to connect to your wireless network. You will love it once you get everything worked out. No, you will ot be able to use it outside out of range of your modem, unless you access free wireless in restaurants, etc. I took mine to the hospital, and had to sign onto theirs with their 'password' (asked a nurse), and I was able to surf the net, and ck my email by logging onto my home internet provider. You will love downloading PDFs to follow instructions while wuilting-there are great apps that install on your ipad for quilt pattern info, for fabric needs, for measurements and so on. And if you embroider, you can instal the app. Dolphin Browser to download designs. You can then 'send' them to your computer, or install another app called Dropbox, and save your info there--then install Dropbox in your computer.and they will sync and info wil be stored both places. That is neat! You just need to get your connection problems worked out and you're in business.