Thread: new iPad owner
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by zipit View Post
You can get lots of help at an Apple store if you have on near. They offer classes on different products or you can make an appointment with someone at the genius bar. They have always been helpful when I've needed information. They will also help you via phone.
Not sure where in Illinois you live but there is an Apple store in St louis, Mo at the West County mall. There is one in Chicago too.

I would go back to Walmart and talk to one of the employees in the Electronic dept where you bought it. Those kids will be able to explain to you what version of Ipad you have. Dont give up on it.

You say that you have a Kindle??? That requires wifi connection doesn't it??? Check your Settings on the Ipad. Look for Wi Fi in the Sertings. The icon looks like a gear.

All ipads are wi fi capable. You want to find out if yours is capable to run on the cellular system. It would require you paying a monthly fee on the cellular system.. Att, Verizon, etc. I would think not...you would have likely been activated at the store.

I have a wi fi only Ipad. I use mine at the house, in hotels, the library, McDonald's, etc. i did not want to pay for a data plan since my iphone requires paying for one.

Dont get discouraged...it will do what you want to do.

Sandy