View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 02:39 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
I'd like a Featherweight cabinet and a 222 Featherweight. Both are practically non existent in this part of Ontario. I've seen a couple for sale on Kijiji at very high prices so both are likely to stay on my wish list.
Hey Shelbie, what's "very high prices" there for a 222? The 3 I've seen here were $500 - $1300. The $500 was the one that got away, so it's firmly on my wishlist now. $800 - $1000 seems to be the going rate here though.

Originally Posted by vanginney View Post
Shelbie I like your wish list...mine would be the same...I would even settle for a cheap 221. Not sure if that exists.
What's "cheap"? I got one for $95, but I feel that it's a re-painter. If you're better at touching paint up than I am, you could probably have fixed what I chose to strip. The secret I've found is you have to look at all of the ads where the seller couldn't be bothered to figure out what it was. The $95 one was advertised in Kijiji as a "small sewing machine". It didn't sew when I got it either, so it did require some work, but it was easy work.