View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 04:03 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I am the quilt kit queen. I love quilt kits. I go to stores and if i see a quilt on a wall I like, I ask the people there to help me make a kit just like it. I love when they have a kit of it. Usually when I buy a kit, I have extra fabric for each piece. I have never ever had the exact amount. It's always over. I always have a stash at the end. I don't like spending the time looking for all the fabric to make a quilt. I'm not great at picking out the fabrics that go together well. I just don't have an eye for it. I've done it and usually end up not liking my quilt. That's why I like quilt kits. I never buy expensive kits. I buy kits I can afford. Usually I have to purchase the back myself. I also do BOMs. I feel like I pay way too much for those. I did one and it was ridiculous how little fabric I received each month for $25.00. What a rip off. I'll never buy from that company again. But I don't feel that way about quilt kits at all. I buy them at LQS all the time. Usually the owner makes them up and doesn't make any extra for all the work she does. She's just trying to get rid of some of her fabric she has had around for a while and I always like what she's made up. JMO.