Old 12-16-2012, 06:01 PM
adamae

Default New member, Need advice on overcoming inconsistant hand stitches.

I have been monitoring the QB for awhile and learrned so much! This, after many, many years of sewing and quilting...Happy to be a part of dedicated quilters. I am a hand quilter and piece by machine. Have 5 machines, various ages. I am a senior citizen with painful arthritis in my lower back so, I sit to do as many tasks as possible. Make my own quilt frames with boards and "C" clamps like my mother had which were propped up on designated chairs. Here in the South, I hear ladies tell of hanging frames from the ceiling but never experienced that at home. I learned quilting from my Mennonite mother and her church "sisters". Is it true for others that one's technique is always a neverending project or how many are happy with where you are. I never seem to be consistant enough to please self. I learn new stuff every time I meet with quilters Would love advice on how to overcome my inconsistance with hand stitching. I love hearing about members and what they are working on here on the Quilting Board.