View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:21 AM
quilttiger

mdall, I loved reading the suggestions from all the QBers. They are all good! It is a matter of knowing what will be provided at the retreat (such as a cutting station, ironing station) and going from there. I have gone on two retreats, both wonderful. What helped was that I made "kits" ahead of time to keep the cutting to a minimum. They were of different sizes so that when found myself sleepy doing a big one, I would switch to another one and come back later to the first project. I concentrated on making quilt tops only. I worked on 5 "kits" the last time and I finished two of them while the other ones were ready to have blocks sewn together at home later. This is what worked for me, and you will find what works for you. You may want to bring a seat cushion along. I also brought my back pillow support that I could slide over the back of the chair...one of the best things I could have brought to the retreat!! Have a wonderful time, and be sure to get back to us and let us know how it went for you. We would love to hear from you!