View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 AM
clsurz

Default Relaxing and prepping for 2013 quilting

Now I can relax some!

I have all my commitments done for this year regarding quilting.

Next year I want to get more into the art of quilting using paintstiks, inks, threads and more.

My goal also is to make at least 52 charity lap rag quilts for next year. I attempted to do it this year and failed miserably and only got to make 30 of them. Somehow life had a way of getting in my way of my accomplishing this in 2012.

Since I own every Accuquilt GO and Studio rag die I will use them faithfully in experimenting creating different types of quilts and using various stitching and quilting designs on them in 2012. I have designed on paper about 6 designs that are done traditionally as quilts and hope to convert them into rag quilts. I experimented with various fancy threads and stitches on 4-5 of them this year and folks seemed to like it.

Three that I want to make into rag quilts are Take Five, Cathedral, and Bargello. Of course I also want to make one that is Round in shape. I think that one will be a bit more tricky to accomplish. Actually the Take Five Rag quilts I made a couple this time last year in 2011 as charity quilts and was told the receivers loved it.

I also experimented with dying fabrics this year and want to expand on that next year and especially using UGLY fabric and over dyeing and stamping new designs on such. I guess what I did dye was suitable since some ladies grabbed them when I donated fabrics to a guild this year.

So now until the new year starts I will be prepping some of my projects and put them in my favorite 2 1/2 gallon bags ready to get going with it come the new year.

I attended the Paduach Quilt Festival in April and came back home with LOTS of fabric I purchased at Jo Anns of Paduach and other venues while there so much so I'm not even going to state how much in dollar value I did get. Many of you would so totally freak out if you knew. Lets just say I have more than enough to fulfill my goals for charity quilts this year and than some.

Well off I go to continue sorting through my stash to pick fabrics for those lap rag quilts I want to make. It won't get done if I sit here for a few hours.