Old 12-17-2012, 07:40 AM
qltgrose

Red face

Nancy,

My roses are yellow with alot of peachy colors in them. The decals are in pretty good shape. I will attach photos. I would like to clean her up and get her and the case all spiffy, but am TERRIFIED of silvering the decals, so I keep putting it off, especially since I paid wayyyyyyy more for the machine than I should have and the decals are in such good condition already. I just read Glenns post about using linseed oil and alcohol to clean up the finish. I am going to try it first on an electric FR White that I have and then if I get the gorgeous results he showed in his photos, will try on my Jones. Shes sitting on a bookshelf now and no, havent attempted to sew anything yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]382656[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382657[/ATTACH]

Your coffin top and mine sound similar. rectangular. I love the details on these machines. I printed off a manual for using them a long time ago, would you like me to scan and send it? If so, just let me know.

Jody

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Qtlrose, have you posted a picture of your Jones machine? We'd love to see it. Most of the Jones sewing machines I have seen are very elaborate. I have seen pictures of the ones with the yellow roses - they are amazing! The coffin top to this Jones is not a dome, more like a rectangle, but it is in nice shape. Have you sewn with your Jones? Is it a HC?
Attached Thumbnails hpim0555.jpg   hpim0554.jpg