View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by w1613s View Post
I have an Elna Super 62C that is the love of my life. It and I have been through just about everything from tonneau covers to antique lace shirts. Never a hiccup, forget a glitch, until some gear in the cam stack gave up the ghost Christmas 2010. The Elna dealer tells me I need a new cam stack - the whole thing, and Elna is not supporting that machine in the US for either repair or parts. P

The manager of the Elna repair/parts center in the US tells me the above and goes on to put the icing on the cake: There isn't even a repair manual for that machine at the center in the US.

I have the name and address of the gentleman who is the president of Elna corporation and, if forced, will write that letter and hope for an answer. BUT, if someone just happens to have a complete cam stack, I know where there is a machine that would be thrilled. She MUST miss me as much as I miss her. I have a wonderful dealer who can do magnificent transplants. An aside: To my knowledge he has not tried hearts yet.

I have kept my eyes out for a couple of years now and cannot find a donor machine, a part, etc. that can be depended upon to work. My computer has gone to the parts supply sites so often that all I have to do is whisper "cam stack" and off we go in alpha order. I am going to keep looking.

The other vintage machines that have lowered themselves to share my sewing room with me all are magnificent machines. They just do not have the feel and response of my elderly Elna mechanical machine. I am trying hard to love them, but ....

I WANT MY ELNA. Sniff.

Thank you for holding my hand. If you know where to find ....

Happy Holidays,

Pat
I found the gear on line for about $15 - why does it need the whole camstack?
You might consider taking Ray White's class or buy a different Elna and keep your accessories and disks.