Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM
irishrose

SewNso, you can still post - we just won't ask about weight loss. I started wrapping today. Yikes! There is a mountain of gifts, then comes the fun of keeping each family's separate until they are picked up or delivered. I was ill this morning so wrapping was a non strenuous activity for today. I did walk Cheech and Chong and go to a BB game. Thank goodness it was in town, not 90 miles away.

The bowl of oatmeal with walnuts that I just had was my first food besides pineapple juice for today. Too bad I won't lose any weight.

I'm so glad I'm not sewing this year. I do miss sewing, but I don't miss the pressure. I almost sat down to work on my train mystery quilt today, but I really can't or Sunday and Christmas will be here and I won't be ready. One year I went on strike. My ex-husband loved holidays and my last child at home did, too. I informed them it's easy to love them sitting around looking at all the pretties and going to/ having parties. I opted to do the cooking and anything else that got done was up to them. My husband did the cards, my son helped me with the baking, they cleaned the house and put up the tree and decorations together. It was an eyeopener for both of them. Wish I could go on strike now. I do love Christmas, but it's time consuming.

Back to the wrapping. Have a good evening.
Judy

Edit: D's motel had a fire last night. He told me the only things he grabbed on the way out were his wallet and his birthday quilt from last year. Smart boy.

Last edited by irishrose; 12-17-2012 at 06:46 PM.