View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 04:59 AM
Nilla

Default Switch out long arm frame?

Hello everyone! I'll be getting a new long arm in the next few months. My problem has been that I like this about this one and that about that one. I'm leaning toward the Pfaff PowerQuilter P3 because of the excellent local dealer service I'd receive. They would give me thorough training which is important to me because I learn best with hands on, individualized attention.

However, I've been waiting for the Juki Virtuoso to come out because it has a few features that are really supposed to be nice. The one I most want is the frame with the additional take up bar so you don't have to adjust as you roll the quilt. Handiquilter offers this frame for their Avante, which is essentially the same size as the Pfaff P3.

What I'm wondering is this: is there any reason I couldn't get the frame from the Avante/Juki which has the additional take up bar and put the Pfaff P3 on it? I don't know if all the frames and machines fit together. I believe they are all Grace frames, but I'm not 100% certain.

I know it will cost more to do it this way (although I'm not sure how much yet. If this is even possible, I'll start researching costs next).

Thanks in advance! I just love that I can come to this board for insight!