View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:42 AM
IBQLTN

Originally Posted by ranger
I like that quilt!!

I have a birthday during Xmas.
Relatives give me a really nice Xmas gift and tell me that it doubles as my Xmas/b-day gift.
I appreciate the gifts but sometimes I wish that my b-day wasn't during the holiday season.
DH does take me out for a meal in late January as a birthday present and I like that.

I would definitely like to receive that quilt as a gift. That's a gift that would make my heart sing even if it was a combined Xmas/b-day present.
Yup, Dec. 26th BD here so I understand about the double gift. It really stunk when I was a kid but as adults we don't exchange gifts anymore ... just spend time with each other for the holidays which is a gift that gives forever in memories.

I did have a friend throw me a surprise birthday party on December 16th once, 10 days before my birthday and a total surprise. She took me down in the basement to get my help with her computer and told me we'd hang out down there because her husband's bible study group would be meeting at 7:00 p.m. So when I heard car doors and footsteps upstairs I just figured it was the study group. Then we 'snuck upstairs' to grab a cup of coffee and ... SURPRISE! It was very memorable.

Happy birthday to all my fellow December birthday folks!